Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The World of Fruit & Vegetables

I have long watched with great interest as Mommy and Daddy put strange and vividly colored things into their mouths, and now finally I too get the chance to put something not white in my mouth. And I must say... I love it. I have tried green beans, bananas, peas, carrots, and pears. Carrots are my favorite, probably because they are orange like Mr. Monkey. I do have a ritual I like to practice when getting a new food. When it first hits my delicate palate I say nothing, but savor the flavor wide eyed. Then open my mouth gingerly for another taste. That second taste is followed by an approving "MMMMM" and then I open my mouth wide and try to shove the spoon in myself. When we are done, I will cry to indicate my love for this new food, then I will spit it up.

No comments: